Doula (Labor Supporter & Birth Companion)
Serving Los Angeles and Orange County
"You formed my inward parts; You wove me together in my mother's womb. I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well." -Psalms 139
Doula- "woman servant"
The goal of a birth doula is to provide emotional, physical, and moral support to a woman and her partner through the prenatal, labor, birth, and early postpartum period.
- I am your advocate. I will pursue your wishes and desires to help you have a more positive birth experience.
- I will be a mediator for your wishes as expressed in your birth plan, and our prenatal conversations.
- I may help to enhance communication between you and your caregiver.
- I do not perform clinical or medical tasks.
- I will not make your decisions for you, but may help you make more informed decisions.